Friday, March 19, 2010

Thing #22- Nings

I can honestly say that I had never heard of Nings before today. Nings are social websites much like the most commonly known Facebook and Myspace. Anyone can create a Ning to network with other people that share a common interest. I looked at several library Ning sites to see what they had to offer. To me they are much like a wiki.
One of my favorite features was the video section. When looking at the Teacher LibrarianNing, I enjoyed watching the videos of book talks. There were so many cute ones!
I also found the group feature beneficial. I found a group called Building a Culture of Collaboration where librarians can discuss their success stories of co-teaching with classroom teachers or ask questions. Check out the great discuss about flexible scheduling here.

No comments:

Post a Comment