Monday, February 8, 2010

Thing #12- Commenting

Today I took some time to reflect on the importance of making meaningful comments. One thing that stuck out in my mind was from 10 Techniques to Get More Comments on Your Blog. Jakob Nielsen states that 90% of us are online "lurkers." I have realized that most of the time I fall in this category! Being a new blogger, I sometimes wonder if anyone is REALLY reading what I post, so from now on I vow to be a more active blogger! I really enjoy reading everyone else's posts so I should comment more right?
I also enjoyed reading the Cool Cat Teacher Blog on this topic. I especially liked how she mentioned NOT to be Darth Commenter. I have seen this all too many times when people comment on online newspaper. Ouch! I guess people feel like they can say whatever they want through the computer screen.

I found several personal blog sites that perked my interest. I am a BIG fan of Texas country music and I spend a lot of time looking up concerts coming to the area and planning out my trips. I found that Leslie T's Texas blog organizes all this information for me! I already have my next couple trips planned! I am also a fan of the Houston Rockets and I joined the Rockets Locker so I can stay up to date with all the latest news!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the country music blog...I loved listening to her in the mornings and now she has moved times so I don't get to hear her as much..can keep up by going to her blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing great blog...Sounds good...

    ReplyDelete