Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thing #9- Library Blogs and News Feeds

Today I started my search to create my "circle of wise" and stumbled across Classroom 2.0. It is an online community/network of Web 2.0 users. This is a place where they can share their expertise or ask questions. I especially thought it was great that they had a beginners group for someone like me that is just starting to explore this new world of Web 2.0. It was interesting to search their posts see how others were using Web 2.0 in their classrooms.
I found Topix to be the easiest and more user friendly site for searching news feeds. I liked how you could change the location to search other areas as well. I moved here from Iowa so it is always nice for me to keep up with what is going on back there!
I was instantly overwhelmed when I look at Syndic8. This site was very busy to me and not visually pleasing to the eye.
Through my search today I did find an interesting wiki site create my the Wissahickon School District. I was not able to view the grade level wikis, but there were several other links that I found to be useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment